Located in our ancient grotto is a 5 acre park with over 20+ free roaming squirrel monkeys. After our expert tour guides provide you with a short safety briefing, you will be guided down several flights to stairs, where our excited squirrel monkeys eagerly await. These monkeys love visitors and love to sit on shoulders, heads and feed from special plates. This is the best photo opportunity in the Dominican Republic. Once the monkeys have had their fill, they return to the trees to play.
At the bottom of the grotto is an enclosure for our rescue capuchin monkeys who have been physically or nutritionally abused. This is the hands-off portion of our tour. Watch them fool around and hear about their stories. This tour takes about 40 minutes.
- Unlike humans, monkeys have no natural resistance to human viruses, and when caught can be deadly. Persons experiencing cold or flu symptoms are not allowed to enter the Jungle.
- This tour is not suitable for children ages 2 and under.
- This tour is not suitable for pregnant women.
- All minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Completion of a waiver/release form is required.
- Closed-toe shoes are required. Tennis shoes are best!
- Please do not apply sun screen or bug spray one hour before entrance into the Jungle.