01 December 2010
Monkey Jungle Facts:
- The Leon Laroche clinic at Monkey Jungle opened in March of 2010
- It has treated over 3800 patients through November of 2010
- The clinic is open Saturday 9 to 4 and treats about 150 patient each Saturday
- All services including medicines are free
- Monkey Jungle pharmacy has over $250,000 of medicines on hand
- Over 20% of our patients are Hep A, B or C positive
- Over 12% are HIV/AIDS positive
- Over 40% have STDs.
- Seven teams from the Unites States of doctors, surgeons and dentists have volunteered at Monkey Jungle in 2010
- Dr. David Snodgrass (DDS) of Nashville, TN has been here 4 times with his teams
- Over 5 RN’s volunteer each Saturday
- Over 10 ex pats volunteer every Saturday.
- We are proud to say we have the best dental clinic and dental staff in the Dominican Republic.
- Monkey Jungle employs a Dominican physician and dentist. Dr. Jerry and his wife, a retired Canadian orthodontist heads up our dental team.
- Every Saturday 2 to 4 volunteers show up and are welcomed to assist.
- Our food program feeds 18 terminally ill HIV/AIDS patients every week.
Come by Saturday and donate a few hours assisting our efforts, the pay is bad, conditions are great and our people make the difference.
Major Contributors to our efforts:
1. Dr. Jerry and his wife Sandi
2. Dr. David and his staff
3. City Hope/ Tim
4. Gail and Skip Cather
5. Tim and Liz Murphy
6. Dr. Mac from Tennesse